Do you have Rodents?
Rodents (rats & mice) are an issue that affect many of the Ballarat and greater region homes. Your home is just as attractive to them as it is to you, providing rodents with everything they need food, water and shelter.
Rodents not only spread diseases and contaminate food, they also can cause alot of damage to your home. Rodents have to continually gnaw on their teeth to keep them from growing too long. They will gnaw on any thing such as your pipes, plaster and electrical cables and conduits. Every year homes are water damaged and fires are caused by rodent infestations. There are three main types of rodents that commonly effect our households.
Treating your Rodent problem
If you suspect rodent infestation in your home, contact us to inspect and treat the pest problem. At Sovereign Pest Control we will provide treatment along side recommendations to help keep you home rodent free longer.
At Sovereign we treat your home using licensed multi-dose bait
We treat rodent entry points and harbourage areas throughout your home.
By using this multi-dose treatment method, and not the traditional single feed baiting system we ensure we keep your family and pets safe. With single feed type of bait’s there is a greater risk of secondary poisoning. This poisoning can occur when your pets consume dead rodents affected by the single feed bait or if rodents drop unsecured bait whilst taking it back to the nest to feed the young. Rest assured when we are treating your home we always provide safe, family and pet friendly control methods. Our baiting systems make sure bait can not be moved from the strategically placed positions.
Sovereign’s rodent treatment comes with a 6-month service warranty.
Can you to tell if you have rodents
Here are some signs or key indicators of a rodent infestation.
- Droppings – Usually, your first clue of a rodent infestation is their droppings. You may find them anywhere, but most of our clients first find these in their kitchen cupboards and drawers.
- Mouse droppings – Mouse droppings are smooth with pointed ends, and are 3-5 mm long.
- Rat droppings – Rodent droppings are shiny black and depending on the species will be from 12mm to 18mm long.
- Odours – You can smell rodent urine or a musty odour in poorly ventilated areas such as your cupboard with a rodent infestation is present.
- Sounds – While you may not see them, you can probably hear rodents moving in your roof and wall cavities, or even under your kitchen cupboards.
- Damage – Rodents will gnaw their way through packaging to get to food products. Rodents will also gnaw on objects to sharpen their incisors to keep them from growing to long.
- Visual Sighting – You may see mice or rats scurrying along a wall or under some furniture, even scurrying from behind the cereal in the morning just to scare you.
- Runways and Grease marks – Greasy marks are caused by rodents repeatedly rubbing their oily fur along their runways e.g. walls or entrance points. Rats are neophobic (scared of new things) as so they will follow the same runway on a daily basis.
- Tracks – Rodent track marks can be seen in areas where there is a layer of dust, such as under the house, in the roof. Often, rodent tails also leave a swing mark.
- Burrows – Burrows can be found near walls, fences, under buildings and decking.
Rodent Prevention Tips
There are many ways homeowners can proactively prevent rodent infestations in their homes:
- Install door seals on the bottom on exterior doors.
- Install screens to vents and chimneys.
- Seal holes and cracks to the outside of your home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly, making sure the bin lid is closed.
Best thing is at Sovereign we can help with most of these prevention tips along side your treatment process.